[Image source: kiwi collection]
Wow… what a stunning luxury boutique hotel that celebrates hip, chic African style. A Condé Nast Traveller 2010 Hot List entrant in both the UK and US editions, the Tribe Hotel in Nairobi epitomises contemporary cool, bringing modern elegance and glamour to the city.
Tribe’s ethos embraces taking hospitality back to its essence, by way of welcoming in the weary traveller and lavishing them with home comforts. Designed by Kenyan architect, Mehraz Ehsani, the Tribe Hotel is about wide-open spaces, attention to detail and design on every level; from walls adorned with art collected from all over Africa to the sumptuously appointed suites and works to combine modern architecture with earthy African warmth. Throughout deep rich colours intermingle with natural wood and stone finishes adding to the sense of luxury and sophistication, whilst still maintaining a clean and uncluttered feel. Handmade wooden furniture, upholstered in local fabrics and rustic metal touches all add to the nouveau African character.
Cleverly tucked into nooks and crannies are comfortable seating areas, Tribe’s way of inviting you to linger for a while and maybe indulge in some people watching… discreetly of course… or sample the fine dining offerings.
[Image credits: the Tribe Hotel]
[Image credit: African Pride Hotels]
A perfect place to start or end your Kenyan holiday.
atelier | 55 is an inspirational design and lifestyle resource, that shines the spotlight on contemporary design from and inspired by Africa.
- What Having A Dedicated Startup Act Means For Africa’s Creative Entrepreneurs
- S2 Ep 7 Behind The Design Season 2 Wrap Up and Reflections
- S2 Ep 6 Creating Sustainable Livelihoods Through the Creative Economy with Achenyo Idachaba-Obaro Founder MitiMeth
- S2 Ep 5 Creating Sustainable Design and Not Being Afraid of Stepping into Business with Boldness with Dounia Tamri-Loeper
- S2 Ep4 Talking Self-belief, the Responsibility that Comes with Privilege and Having the Confidence to Seize the Opportunities with Thabisa Mjo