Paying homage to the diverse cultures of the world, the Ambessa range traces and connects Marcus’ Ethiopian heritage, Swedish upbringing, home and career in America, and global travels. Refreshing Green Tea and Nordic Lingonberry combine Japanese and Scandinavian traditions; whilst the rich aroma of a robust Safari Breakfast embodies the tradition of African black teas, and the spices and vibrancy found across the continent. Featuring hints of dark chocolate, peanuts and caramel Choco Nut is a nod to the origins of Marcus’ ‘culinary awakening’ in Switzerland; and not least of all is the Earl of Harlem, in which a traditional Earl Grey gets a boost with citrus layers, bergamot and floral aromas. The teas come beautifully packaged in colourful, patterned retro styled tin boxes; that will have a multitude of uses once you’ve made your way through the teas.
Amharic for Lion, Ambessa is a new range of specialty teas created by top chef Marcus Samuelsson. Marcus embarked on creating the tea blends whilst writing his recently published memoirs; Yes, Chef. For the people of Ethiopia Ambessa represents pride, strength and independence; and for Marcus’ Ambessa also represents his travels, experiences and the everyday journeys that are a part of life. The range also includes a selection of African inspired teas.
[Image credit: Ambessa Teas – Marcus Samuelsson]
atelier | 55 is an inspirational design and lifestyle resource, that shines the spotlight on contemporary design from and inspired by Africa.
- S2 Ep 7 Behind The Design Season 2 Wrap Up and Reflections
- S2 Ep 6 Creating Sustainable Livelihoods Through the Creative Economy with Achenyo Idachaba-Obaro Founder MitiMeth
- S2 Ep 5 Creating Sustainable Design and Not Being Afraid of Stepping into Business with Boldness with Dounia Tamri-Loeper
- S2 Ep4 Talking Self-belief, the Responsibility that Comes with Privilege and Having the Confidence to Seize the Opportunities with Thabisa Mjo
- S2 Ep 3 Building on the Legacy of the Family Business and Nurturing the Next Generation with Audrey Forson