American artist Gayle Garner Roski creates vibrant watercolours based on subjects drawn from her many travels and surroundings. Injected with an inherent sense of realism Gayle’s work is incredibly life-like, capturing minute details in her often emotive work. In her Zulu Basket African inspired art series, Gayle captures the beauty and skill of basket weaving, and the intricate details of the weave and patterns. The vivid watercolours give the baskets a luminous quality. I keep imagining the paintings rendered in glass and set into a door, window or glass wall. Gayle shows her work at Tirage, a Fine Art Gallery in Pasadena, California.
[Image credit: Gayle Garner Roski, Zulu Basket Series I and II – Tirage]
atelier | 55 is an inspirational design and lifestyle resource, that shines the spotlight on contemporary design from and inspired by Africa.
- S2 Ep 7 Behind The Design Season 2 Wrap Up and Reflections
- S2 Ep 6 Creating Sustainable Livelihoods Through the Creative Economy with Achenyo Idachaba-Obaro Founder MitiMeth
- S2 Ep 5 Creating Sustainable Design and Not Being Afraid of Stepping into Business with Boldness with Dounia Tamri-Loeper
- S2 Ep4 Talking Self-belief, the Responsibility that Comes with Privilege and Having the Confidence to Seize the Opportunities with Thabisa Mjo
- S2 Ep 3 Building on the Legacy of the Family Business and Nurturing the Next Generation with Audrey Forson