American artist Gayle Garner Roski creates vibrant watercolours based on subjects drawn from her many travels and surroundings. Injected with an inherent sense of realism Gayle’s work is incredibly life-like, capturing minute details in her often emotive work. In her Zulu Basket African inspired art series, Gayle captures the beauty and skill of basket weaving, and the intricate details of the weave and patterns. The vivid watercolours give the baskets a luminous quality. I keep imagining the paintings rendered in glass and set into a door, window or glass wall. Gayle shows her work at Tirage, a Fine Art Gallery in Pasadena, California.
[Image credit: Gayle Garner Roski, Zulu Basket Series I and II – Tirage]
atelier | 55 is an inspirational design and lifestyle resource, that shines the spotlight on contemporary design from and inspired by Africa.
- Ep 2: Design, manufacturing, and facing up to the realities of building a business when you have no Plan B with Siyanda Mbele
- Ep 1: Welcome To Behind The Design
- Introducing Behind The Design Podcast
- A Look Inside Fashion Designer, Marianne Fassler’s Eclectic Art-Filled Home
- 30 Ways To Make Your Brand More Visible