…footwear for the modern man about town
Today is officially the first day of Spring, a day that is beautifully bright and sunny but still with a crisp freshness in the air, however you can not escape that wonderful sense of renewal; colours seem sharper and there is a lightness to everything. Speaking of colours a range of suede loafers by model turned men’s shoe designer Armando Cabral stylishly capture the essence of spring…aren’t the shades just gorgeous…and they look so soft.
A lifelong passion for shoes, combined with a decade long career as an international model, an academic background in business and an eye for luxury led Armando to create a range of classically styled shoes that embody sophisticated dressing for the modern man. Born in Guinea-Bissau Armando grew up in Lisbon, Portugal and launched his eponymous label in 2009 upon relocating to New York City. Reflective of his personal style developed throughout his modelling career, the resulting shoe designs bring together Armando’s personal tastes and modern metropolitan lifestyle; capturing personality, style, quality and individualism.
Armando Cabral epitomises modern takes on classic mens footwear with an international appeal, styles range from casual to smart comprising elegant dress shoes to contemporary takes on the sneaker. The spring/summer 2012 collection also brings some colourful sandals in addition to the loafers. The shoes are manufactured in Italy by master shoemakers and are designed not only to look good on the outside but also be comfortable to wear.
atelier | 55 is an inspirational design and lifestyle resource, that shines the spotlight on contemporary design from and inspired by Africa.
- What Having A Dedicated Startup Act Means For Africa’s Creative Entrepreneurs
- S2 Ep 7 Behind The Design Season 2 Wrap Up and Reflections
- S2 Ep 6 Creating Sustainable Livelihoods Through the Creative Economy with Achenyo Idachaba-Obaro Founder MitiMeth
- S2 Ep 5 Creating Sustainable Design and Not Being Afraid of Stepping into Business with Boldness with Dounia Tamri-Loeper
- S2 Ep4 Talking Self-belief, the Responsibility that Comes with Privilege and Having the Confidence to Seize the Opportunities with Thabisa Mjo