The pop up is located at: The Camden Collective, 69 Camden High Street, London, NW1 9HE
[Image credits: Julie Kouamo Pop Up – taken by Tapiwa]
Textile and interior accessories designer Julie Kouamo launched her first ever pop up store last night in London’s Camden, with a private view. Located at the Camden Collective, the pop up is open to the public from today 2nd October until Sunday 6th October. On display are Julie’s signature African inspired textiles collections across a range of soft furnishings, lampshades, wallpaper, wrapping paper, notebooks and furniture, with products available to purchase or place orders. Throughout the duration of the pop up Julie is on hand to discuss her collections and any requirements you may have,. There will also be a range of special evening events including, a creative networking and discussion session on Wednesday 2nd October, and on Saturday 5th October London-based Cameroonian singer Debra Debs is scheduled to perform. Visit the Julie Kouamo Facebook page for further details.
[Image credits: Lilian Blot]
Alongside the Julie Kouamo’s African inspired textiles, is a display of photography from two French photographers, Lilian Blot and freelance photojournalist, Barbara Doux, both of whom have spent time in Africa, and showcase the images they have taken. Lilian’s photographs are highly emotive, reflecting his travels to places like Kenya, Venezuela and Northern of England, the region he now calls home. In the case of Barbara Doux, her images are printed onto fabric, displayed in and amongst Julie’s fabric designs to create an engaging wall feature.
[Image credits: Barbara Doux]
atelier | 55 is an inspirational design and lifestyle resource, that shines the spotlight on contemporary design from and inspired by Africa.
- S2 Ep 5 Creating Sustainable Design and Not Being Afraid of Stepping into Business with Boldness with Dounia Tamri-Loeper
- S2 Ep4 Talking Self-belief, the Responsibility that Comes with Privilege and Having the Confidence to Seize the Opportunities with Thabisa Mjo
- S2 Ep 3 Building on the Legacy of the Family Business and Nurturing the Next Generation with Audrey Forson
- S2 Ep 2 Having the Courage to Step Away from Your Dream and Start Over with Lola Ukinamemen of Agnes & Lola
- S2 Ep 1 Welcome to Season 2 of Behind the Design