Africa Rising is a new book edited by publishers Gestalten and South African based design platform, Design Indaba, which spotlights African design, fashion, photography, architecture, and lifestyle. Africa Rising was launched in September 2016 in London as part of a programme of events for the inaugural London Design Bienniale at Somerset House.
The book profiles Africa’s dynamic creatives who are shaping the continent’s diverse creative scene and challenging the stereotypes of what constitutes an African design aesthetic. Accompanying the profiles are essays by experts each giving an insight into the individuals and their work.
Africa Rising a resource for African design, creativity, and inspiration
Africa Rising riced at: €39.90
For further information about Africa Rising visit: shop.gestalten.com
[Image credits: The images shown belong to Gestalten. If downloaded and used elsewhere please credit accordingly]
atelier 55 is an inspirational design and lifestyle resource, that shines the spotlight on contemporary design, creativity and lifestyle from and inspired by Africa.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST
GET THE BOOK… AND
Get posts delivered to your inbox
- S3 Ep4 Designing for Meaning, Referencing African Wisdom and Championing Sub-Saharan African Design with Chrissa Amuah
- Moyi Magazine Issue 5 Celebrates Colour-Filled Homes
- S3 Ep 3 Showcasing Creative Heritage Through a Contemporary Lens with Lani Adeoye
- Modern Organic Hardwood Furniture Design by Lambert Shumbusho
- S3 Ep 2 Honouring your Gift and Carrying on the Traditions of his Ancestors with Andile Dyalvane