Africa Rising is a new book edited by publishers Gestalten and South African based design platform, Design Indaba, which spotlights African design, fashion, photography, architecture, and lifestyle. Africa Rising was launched in September 2016 in London as part of a programme of events for the inaugural London Design Bienniale at Somerset House.
The book profiles Africa’s dynamic creatives who are shaping the continent’s diverse creative scene and challenging the stereotypes of what constitutes an African design aesthetic. Accompanying the profiles are essays by experts each giving an insight into the individuals and their work.
Africa Rising a resource for African design, creativity, and inspiration
Africa Rising riced at: €39.90
For further information about Africa Rising visit: shop.gestalten.com
[Image credits: The images shown belong to Gestalten. If downloaded and used elsewhere please credit accordingly]
atelier | 55 is an inspirational design and lifestyle resource, that shines the spotlight on contemporary design from and inspired by Africa.
- S2 Ep 6 Creating Sustainable Livelihoods Through the Creative Economy with Achenyo Idachaba-Obaro Founder MitiMeth
- S2 Ep 5 Creating Sustainable Design and Not Being Afraid of Stepping into Business with Boldness with Dounia Tamri-Loeper
- S2 Ep4 Talking Self-belief, the Responsibility that Comes with Privilege and Having the Confidence to Seize the Opportunities with Thabisa Mjo
- S2 Ep 3 Building on the Legacy of the Family Business and Nurturing the Next Generation with Audrey Forson
- S2 Ep 2 Having the Courage to Step Away from Your Dream and Start Over with Lola Ukinamemen of Agnes & Lola